Monday, March 19, 2007

WOW

I am so excited about yesterday. Pastor Chad brought a great message about the vision that God has given him for our church. It is really going to get exciting as we get on board with this vision and begin to see God do God sized things.
Let me stop right here and thank God for what He did in yesterday mornings services and in the youth service last night. God you are truly awesome. Thank you for all that you have done, that you are doing and that you are going to do. Also, thank you for allowing us to be a part of your plan.
Last night was great!! I started a sermon on prayer and God took over. I challenged the youth and adults there to give up their music for one week; turn off the radios, ipods, etc. and give that time to God in prayer. The youth and adults responded beyond what I could have hoped for or believed. We had roughly 18 youth and adults at the altar making commitments to God. You know,I didn't think much about that commitment (God told me to do that) and what it meant until I got in my truck to come to work this morning. It really was a quiet ride - just me and God. But what a great way to start the day. I'll talk about this as the week goes on.
Just a quick shout before I have to get to work - To Thomas and Tyler; it was great to meet you and start to get to know you. Get with Aaron and Zack and get them to join you in your commitment. Candace - thank you for inviting your friends from the lacrosse team at school. Amber and Courtney - you were missed this week. If I missed someone. I'm sorry, it was just a quick shout.
For now, keep your eyes on Jesus and fight the good fight.

No comments: