Friday, March 30, 2007

Thoughts at the end of a long week . . .

Have you ever noticed that at the end of, what has seemed to be a very long week, how much you look forward to the weekend? For some reason we get it in our mind that the weekend will be filled with rest and relaxation. Mine are generally filled with running in a hundred different directions and not getting any rest. So I thought I would share a few thoughts from this past week and this coming weekend:

Clemson made it to the finals of the NIT and came up five points short. I’m not really a fan of Clemson or Carolina, but I do feel bad when a school from our state comes up short.


LeBron James is building a 35,440 square foot home. In all honesty, until I read about him on the Yahoo home page, I had no idea who he was. His bedroom in his new house is 600 square feet bigger than the house that Irene and I live in. I’m sorry, but having a house that you can sleep half the state of Ohio in will not make him happy. Having a relationship with Jesus will.

I am going to Union tonight to celebrate my brother-in-law’s birthday. I am blessed to have a great extended family that loves each other and celebrates life through birthday meals together. I am also blessed to have great cooks in my family. Of course you can probably tell that by looking at me.

New Hope’s Beach camp did not draw enough participation, so I had to cancel the houses and the speakers. Now we are back to square one, in finding a camp with better dates that we can get into at this late date. The concept was great but the timing was off. This summer God has something somewhere else that He wants to bless. The scramble is on to find that something.

Irene and I have the pleasure of clowning with our friends, Bo and Brenda Brown (PeeWee and Bumper) in the morning at a health fair in Dacusville. I love to share Jesus in clown. We will be getting into make-up at about 6:30 am. I hope my eyes are open by then. Jesus will give us opportunities to share Him and the energy to do just that.

Speaking of clowning, The King’s Clowns, have a program coming up in Charleston, SC in about three weeks. Pray that we share the gospel in a clear way so that lives will be changed for Christ.
I am really looking forward to Sunday. I get to listen to my favorite Pastor (yes Pastor Chad that’s you). I can’t wait to hear what God has told him this week. Then we have a lunch after the second worship service – good food, yea! Then I get to hang out with my favorite adults in the world, our Student Leadership Team and find out about our personalities as we work through PLACE with Robbie. Then that night we have Ellis Beddingfield coming in to speak with our youth. I really want to see if God wants us to partner with his ministry in downtown Greenville this summer.

I am looking forward to Easter Sunday. I really believe that we can have more than 300 in worship that morning. I am going to be prepared to bring in chairs from the parlor for the early service. I am going to invite people that God places in my path to come and join us. How are you preparing for this Easter?

As you can tell there seems to be no rest for those who serve God. But that is OK. I will have eternity to rest in heaven. Until then God will supply the strength needed. Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and continue the fight.

No comments: