Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Busy Week . . .

I really like this concept of Blogging and being able to share ideas and ask for input. I got a response from Jonathan Elrod on the name contest for our youth worship time on Sunday Night. I’m looking forward to hearing from more friends through this extension of our ministry.

Irene and I were talking last night after working out as we ate supper. This is going to be a very busy week. Wednesday night we have church (my favorite place to be). Thursday night we have a meeting with those that went to the conference last Thursday to talk through what we saw and how it applies to our church and Pastor Chad’s vision. Friday night we have the new member’s dinner at the church (great food and good friends – the best.) Saturday we have the Youth Leader’s meeting starting at 3:00 pm until (if leaders need child care please let me know Wednesday so that I can try to get it arranged.) I’m really looking forward to this time. Robbie will start off the meeting by teaching us about our spiritual gifts and we will each take a survey to find out what our spiritual gifts are. This will help all of us as we seek to serve God best. We’ll have a meal and spend some time in discussing upcoming events and possibly one other unique way to worship together if God continues to impress it upon my heart. Then Sunday we are back at church. I am really looking forward to this Sunday. This Sunday afternoon is the first Parent’s Time w/ Mr. Allen. This will be a time when I can get together with the parents of our students and have a time where we can share upcoming events, vision, and minister to each other. If you are a parent of a student, please don’t miss this time together. I am also looking forward to this Sunday because Barry Ledford is bringing the message in youth worship and I can sit back and be fed through God’s word. Barry does such a great job when given the opportunity to speak and I look forward to what God has given him for this Sunday’s worship.

Just a short note to those who committed to give up music time to spend time in prayer; that empty sound is what is called quiet. Use that quiet time to listen to God as much as speak to Him. He speaks in a “still small voice”. Listen carefully.

Keep you eyes on Jesus, and keep up the good fight.

No comments: