Sunday, March 25, 2007

An Exciting Start to a Great Day . . .

What an exciting start. I'm sitting hear in my office after the 8:30 am contemporary worship service reflecting on all that happened over the last couple of days. We had a great time at the New Members dinner Friday night and then Saturday I had the privilege of spending time with some of my favorite people in the world - the Youth Leadership Team. You guys and gals are really da' bomb. I have never had a greater group of adult leaders anywhere to work with. I love you guys. there are so many exciting ideas coming from this group and it all has a common goal - to reach teenagers for Christ. Most of these plans I can't reveal right now, but wow - what is coming is going to be incredible.
Pastor Chad brought a great sermon this morning and the spirit was really in the house. The praise team started out with some wonderful music, but what really made it for me was the song the Willie sang this morning - Willie, you are the greatest. After the sermon, it was great to see people at the altars praying, people joining our church, and those getting their hearts in line with Jesus. The excitement is building and I really believe that God is going to do God sized things in the near future.
I'm really looking froward to this afternoon - the first "Parent's Time with Mr. Allen". I am hoping that this time becomes a way to reach out to new families in our church and minister to each other - since we are all dealing with teenagers. Then later this afternoon I get to introduce the students to a great game - extreme frisbee. Then the best part, we get to listen to Barry Ledford bring us a word form God. I just love Sundays.
One last shout - Crystal S. - Thanks for helping out yesterday, you are the best.
Until next time - keep up the good fight.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

hey mr allen! thanks for the shout on the blog. your doing a great job w/ this blogging thing!! oh && btw i used your giftcard for brusters. and that smoothie was good! thanks haha!
♥ crystal