Monday, March 26, 2007

WOW What a Weekend!

WOW What a Weekend! As I sit here, I am absolutely exhausted. I had a great weekend that was really blessed by God in so many ways. Saturday, Ms Irene dragged me to the back yard to begin spring yard work. I’ll admit that yard work is really not my favorite thing to do, but when we make progress it sure does look good. I got a haircut Saturday afternoon (desperately needed) and then I got to meet with the Youth Leadership Team. Mr. Robbie is taking us through a program called P.L.A.C.E. (I think that’s the name, it seems early this morning!). This is a program that will help us find our primary spiritual gifts. This is going to help me tremendously as I seek where to plug people into the ministry and so that they will be happiest and most fulfilled. Please pray for us as we take this journey and seek how we can serve God best. I would love to see about having our youth group (part or whole) go through this with Mr. Robbie in the future.
Sunday afternoon I had the opportunity to meet with five parents and Pastor Chad in our first “Parent’s Time with Mr. Allen”. It was a very productive time of sharing, compromising and moving toward our goal – the absolute best for our teenagers. A shout to the parents – thank you for being active in your teenagers lives.
We finally got to Sunday Night Youth Worship – my favorite part of the weekend. I had fun teaching a new game to the youth group – Extreme Frisbee. I loved some of the comments from our teenagers after the game: “play this in the winter time”, “best played where we have a pool to get into”, “need air” (oops, that last one was me the first time I played this game.) Then we had the privilege of listening to Barry Ledford bring the message God had given him. Barry – you get better every time you stand in front of a group. Thank you for being my friend and teammate.
Things seem to finally be falling into place in our student ministry. The praise band is working out some problems and getting back on track. Brad’s back with our media team again – glad to have you back pal. People are mending fences and saying I sorry for misunderstandings and getting on board for what God has in store for us. Please continue to pray with me as God gives me a clear cut vision for what He wants in His student ministry. He is already beginning to reveal bits and pieces, but I want the whole picture. I am more excited about working with student than I have ever been.
Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

It is PLACE and it's soooo much more than just Spiritual Gifts! (I know you know that bro... this is for everyone else) I hope that one day we can have everyone in the church go through this and get them doing what they are made to do within the Body of Christ here at New Hope!