Monday, April 16, 2007

What an Incredible Weekend . . .

Let me start out by saying that the God I serve is incredible. I have been asking for Him to show up and give me some confirmation about some things and to re-affirm that He is real and working in my life. Now, don’t go getting all self righteous on me, we all need to feel the realness at times and boy did God show out this weekend.

Let me back up and start with Friday evening. Some of you may know that my wife and I are gospel clowns and that we clown with another couple under the name – “The King’s Clowns.” Well, we had the opportunity to clown and tie balloons for the children and adults of Greenbriar Elementary School at their spring fling Friday night. These kids were great – none were rude, all were very polite and willing to wait in line to get their balloon creations. We must have tied 1500 balloons. Well, after we packed up we went to eat at Applebee’s on Woodruff Rd. We go walking in (still in clown) and sit down to eat. We’re tired, but God always seems to give us someway to witness for Him. We cut up with the children and the waiters and anyone else that slowed down around us. At the end of our meal the waiter came to us and said that our meal was taken care of by someone who over heard us talking about clowning for Jesus – WOW, what a blessing. Thank you whoever you are and thank you God.

Saturday was great – it was my birthday. I had a great day and that evening my beautiful wife had arranged a surprise birthday party for me. I knew that we were going to meet my mom and brother along with my in-laws at a restaurant, but when we went around the corner, there was the associate pastor and his family and my pastor and his family came to join us along with the friends that we clowned with the night before. What a great surprise. The restaurant staff sang to me and I got a hot fudge sundae. I love ice cream.

Sunday came and the weekend just got better. The early worship was great. The music was over the top and the new sermon series that Pastor Chad is bringing is wonderful. He’s preaching on the second coming of Jesus. If you missed the sermon you can link to his blog and listen there. The title of the series is “Are We There Yet?” That is a great sermon series title. Sunday night finally came and I had the privilege to begin laying out the vision God has given me for our student ministries. Before I got up to speak, the youth praise band did a great job and Crystal Ledford blew us away with a song. I started laying out the vision God has given me ad the first step was evangelism. I talked about this being one of our primary purposes and that we are going to grow. I was blown away, when at the end of the evening I had everyone break into small groups and discuss how they would like to fulfill the first step in the vision which was evangelism. I have said that we have the best students anywhere. Our students must have come up with 50 or more creative ways to reach their friends for Christ. I gave the list to David Roach (my right hand and evangelism point man for our student ministry) and he is going to put a list together and everything that the students and adults came up with. Boy, everybody better hang on, this is going to be a busy summer.

There are still things that I can’t reveal yet that God is doing in the background. My prayer has been to be a part of a God sized thing and I think we are right on the verge. Keep praying, keep reading your bibles and keep inviting your friends and hang on – this is going to be better than a roller-coaster.

Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and get ready for battle. We’re getting ready to storm the gates.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Thanks for the shout out Mr. Allen!!