Sunday, April 8, 2007

Don't You Love It When A Plan Comes Together . . .

There has been a lot of planning and a lot of work done coming up to this Easter Sunday and it finally got here. I think that I was more excited about this weekend than I was this past Christmas. It all started Friday Night when we got together for movie night. Wow, what a powerful movie we saw and something that no theater offers anymore, cartoon lead-ins for the movie. Then Saturday morning was the Easter Egg Hunt. I was told that we had roughly 75+ children here. Smokie and Flower had the pleasure of tieing balloons for the children and then being on stage with Pastor Chad to explain Easter to the children.

But what I think was the best from this weekend was this morning. In the early worship service, the crowd was great. We didn't have to bring in chairs, but I think God is going to have us doing that really soon. The praise band was amazing. Willie may be my new favorite person to hear sing. It was also great to see and hear Eric and his guitar back on stage. I know that Eric is where he needs to be to learn and prepare for what God has called us to do, but I am really looking forward to him being here this summer. The best part about this morning is that we have had at least three give their hearts to Christ. I pray that we never lose the excitement that comes from people coming to Jesus. The new children's worship, "Elevate", for the early worship service kicked off this morning. I was told that there were 18 children in that service this morning and 3 adults. We really need to keep Barry Ledford. the leader of "Elevate", in our prayers. If you really love to be around children; teaching, playing, loving, etc., then let Barry know that if he needs help, you are willing. We need to always remember that none of this is about us, it is all about the One who died on the cross for our sins.

I am sitting here typing this post and across the hall, the youth Sunday School class is full. Just down the hall, the young couples class is so full this morning that Ms. Irene went to choir early so that they could get everyone inside the class. The time is coming for us to look at forming new classes so that we can continue to grow in size and spirit. In just a little while we will go over to the sanctuary for the choir to present the Easter musical. The excitement being felt in our church this morning is great.

I am not sure that I'm not more excited about next Sunday night's youth worship. This will be, I believe, the turning point for HeirBorn Student Ministry. I will begin to share the vision that God has given me for our student ministry. The best part is that our students will play a major part in forming this ministry, by talking about how we will fulfill what God has called us to do. Things are beginning to already fall in place. I have been getting confirmations from the students and adults for weeks.

Please keep me in prayer as I prepare to lead by following where ever God leads us. I will need energy as much as anything. Things are really gearing up for an exciting summer.

Just a quick shout to my friends; Thomas G., it was great to meet your folks and your little sister. Tyler K., great to have you back, been missing you pal. Brad and Rachel, you are doing great with the AV Team, I'm proud of you. Thomas J., great haircut. Brandon - thank you for coming to early worship, you are da' bomb.

Until next time, keep your eyes on Jesus, and re-enforcements are on the way, keep up the good fight.

No comments: