Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Office and Church and Clowns – Oh My . . .

You know, sometimes I can’t be tired and excited at the same time, and I’m not exactly sure how that happens – but it does. Things at my office are wide open right now and sometimes, like yesterday, just a little overwhelming. There is a lot of work to get done and very little time to get it done. I generally work well under pressure, but sometimes like yesterday I feel like the world is going to run over me. I’m tired and need to get away from everything for a little while and that is going to happen this weekend, but until then lots to do with a little bit of time.

Things that make me excited while I am as tired as I am right now are things that God has called me to do. I get pretty jazzed (I like that word and Jonathan Elrod and I have decided to bring it back) about is having lunch with a friend like Jonathan Elrod. He and I have known each other for 12 or 15 years now and I am always encouraged when I leave him. I am always surprised at his energy for God’s work. I met with Jonathan to brain storm about an event that I will talk about in a later blog, but Jonathan is a great help the ministry the God has called me to do. He was so excited to hear about how HeirBorn Student Ministries is doing and was blown away when I told him about this past Sunday night. Later in the afternoon, after speaking with David Roach, I was blown away. I had been telling Jonathan about all of the ideas that the students and adults had come up with as evangelistic events. When I talked with David, I found out that there was a list of over 80 events and most were way outside the box. I am so jazzed about the way God is blessing our students and His ministry. I am really looking forward to what God is going to do this summer with this group of students. Lots of work to be done and hopefully God will allow us to see a great harvest. What I do understand is that anytime we are making advances into Satan’s territory, he will fight back. What I also understand is that this is a battle that God fights – we need to stay close to Him; He is our protection and our strength.

This weekend is for ministry and rest. Smokie, Flower, PeeWee and Bumper have the opportunity to share Jesus with a group of children at Cooper River Baptist Church this Sunday, in Charleston. Please pray that God speaks through our group in a way that will touch the hearts of those children. Let me say this – I would not be able to continue to do our clown ministry without the leaders that God has placed at New Hope. David Roach will be taking care of the youth worship service Sunday night. Now that we are recording the youth worship services – I’ll get to hear him bring the message. We will not start home from Charleston until Monday – pray that we have safe travel to and from this event. All four of us have been stretched pretty thin and are tired. As much as we are looking forward to sharing Jesus, we are also looking forward to some much needed rest. Watch my blog throughout the weekend for current posts of what we are doing and how things are going.

I am really looking forward to this evening. You can’t believe how much I miss being around our students. I really look forward to Wednesday’s to find out how their week is going and how God is blessing their lives. If you have not read Pastor Chad’s blog today, check it out – he is bragging on one of our students. Way to go Crystal – Hero of the week.

Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and prepare for battle.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Have you thought of asking Scott Smith to speak at Godstock? He was the guy at Meltdown who brought such an awesome message.