Monday, April 23, 2007

Back From Charleston . . .

Well, we are back to the real world. This past weekend was great and just what Ms. Irene and I needed. We went down to Charleston on Friday evening and we stopped at a little town called Holly Hill to eat some of the best bar-b-que in South Carolina. After way too much food, we went on in to Charleston and checked into our rooms. Saturday was fun. It started by going to a flea market in North Charleston and wandering around there for a while. You can see a lot of neat things at a flea market and some really strange things to. After the flea market we ate breakfast and went to an antique shop. Later that afternoon we met my friend at Cooper River Baptist Church and set up for Sunday’s program for the children. Then we went to a place called "Gilligan’s" for supper and then to my friend’s house for dessert and coffee.
Sunday was the best. During Sunday school we did two skits about the love of Jesus and played a game with the children. Then during children’s church we did a brand new program. It was awesome. The last part of the program we did we used a visual, which maybe the greatest visual I have ever seen on how Jesus takes away our sins. I would tell you about it, but I want to do it for the youth one Sunday night soon, so I don’t want to give anything away. After church we had our pictures taken with the children and went back to the hotel. After showering and getting into our street clothes, we went to California Dreaming to eat lunch. It is right on the Ashley River – what a great view. Then we went down to the battery and the slave market to walk around. That evening we went out to Sullivan’s Island to look at houses that we wish we could afford, walk on the beach and to have seafood for supper.
This morning it was breakfast and back up the road to home and the real world. We had a great time this weekend, and even though we were busy we rested. It was really more a mental thing than a physical thing. I’ve talked with David about last night already and can’t wait to hear his sermon. I’m looking forward to hearing Pastor Chad’s sermon also. Even though we need a time away from the everyday stuff – I feel like I have missed so much. I can’t wait to see all the students at New Hope this Wednesday. I am looking forward to setting down with David and the other leaders and getting your events on the calendar. There is so much to get done, so I had better get to it.
Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus. Remember, life is short – eat your dessert first and always make time for ice cream.

No comments: