Thursday, April 12, 2007

Overwhelmed . . .

You know, there are a lot of things in life that are overwhelming. You can be overwhelmed by stress at work. You can be overwhelmed by the beauty of someone. You can be overwhelmed by shear numbers in a conflict. But if I have to be overwhelmed, let it be by how much our Savior loves us. God has shown me a field ready for harvest and He has shown me the process to bring about the harvest and I know that He will supply the strength to get it done. Yet, in my human mind, I am overwhelmed that He would allow me to be a part of something so great. This Sunday evening I will begin to reveal what God has given me. Please be in prayer for me that God will speak clearly through me to our students and leaders.

What I must do to communicate this vision is to allow God to speak through me in a way that our students and leaders can catch the vision and buy in. This vision is going to stretch each of us far beyond our comfort zones. There is going to be a lot of hard work and changes to how we do things. Change is not a bad thing, it can be very exciting. We may change the way we do things but we will never change the message that our Lord and Savior has placed in our hearts to carry to the world around us. One thing that we all need to keep in mind is that a vision from God is from His perspective not ours. He sees the big picture. Don’t be overwhelmed by the vision, be overwhelmed that you are allowed to be a part of something that is God sized.

The excitement is building and I can’t wait to get started. Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and ask God to let you see the big picture. He just might give you a glimpse.

No comments: