Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What is rattling in my head right now . . .

I thought that maybe some of you might be interested in what is rattling around in my head at this point in my life. So just a quick layout of where I am going in my life and in my mind:

I just finished up a couple of weeks in the book of “Mark” and have now moved on to the book of “Romans”. I love this letter of Paul’s to the believers in Rome. My life verse lies in Romans 12:1-2. The road to salvation is threaded all through this book. I haven’t spent a lot of time in this book in a while so I look forward to what God has to teach me as I study through this book once again.

I am reading two books by George Barna right now. One is “Revolution” and the other is “Habits of a Highly Effective Church”. Both are very engaging. “Revolution” is a much easier read. It is definitely hitting close to my heart right now. Both books are dealing with the transformation of the believer and the church today. “Revolution” is a great place to find a basic biblical layout of how the church was to be structured. It is also a place to see what Barna believes to be our next big spiritual revolution.

I was reading on the web this morning and found out that there is in production a 4th Indiana Jones movie due out next year. Harrison Ford is back along with the female character from the first movie. I can’t wait for this movie. The characters are great, Spielberg is the director and Lucas Films is filming it. All the parts are there for a great movie.

I’m really looking forward to this weekend. Irene and I have nothing planned and I can get in my shop and work. I am going to clean it and get it organized again so that I can get back to turning some wood. I am also going to add a couple of work benches for extra work space. The temperatures are supposed to be in the mid 80’s. This should be a great weekend.

Right now we are four weeks and two days away from leaving to go on vacation. Irene and I are getting really jazzed about this vacation. We are going to get to spend some time with our friends Steve and Kim Conley and their great kids – AJ and Molly. The food in Pigeon Forge is always over the top. The end of the week there is a weekend clown conference in Knoxville that we may pop over for. Irene’s mom and dad will be in Pigeon Forge with some friends of theirs that same week. This vacation should be over the top.

I going to take my computer to Best Buy and have them load my copy of Vista. I really like the little extras I see that you can have run on your desk top.

Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and keep your head in His word.

No comments: