Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Good friends and good times . . .

To those of you that visit my blog everyday, I am sorry that I have not posted much this week. I have started three different posts this morning and have deleted each one about three sentences into them. I don’t know if this is a form of writer’s block or what, but getting my thoughts to flow has been awful today. I just thought that I would share a few random thoughts this afternoon.
Irene and I had the pleasure of sitting down at Cracker Barrel last night with Janet and Spencer Ledford. They are both dear friends who are starting new ministries at First Baptist Church in Union, SC – Irene’s home town. It was great to sit and hear how things are developing and how God is working in their situation. Janet is the person who prayed me into Rocky Creek Baptist Church and then into clowning while working with their creative ministry team. We had a great time sharing what God is doing in each of our lives so that we can support each other in prayer.
Before we got the call to meet Janet and Spencer, I had intended to get back in my shop for the second night in a row. I spent last weekend getting everything straightened up so that I could work. It is nice to get back in my shop, since I have not been able to work in it since the beginning of summer. I have started working on Christmas presents. This year I am going to try and make a lot of the presents that we give to our family and friends instead of purchasing them.
I’m looking forward to next week, because I have a friend coming into town who is coming to my house Tuesday evening for supper. We went to North Greenville together and we did a lot together before he was called to a church in the lower part of the state. It will be good to sit down and share with each other and catch up on what the Lord is doing in our lives.
We are now 16 days and counting away from leaving on vacation. Irene has planned to make two churns of homemade ice cream and a chocolate cake to carry with us when we go to TN. We will be meeting some friends in Pigeon Forge the first weekend there and spend a couple of days with them and then go with them to a church that they are helping to start about an hour away on Sunday. I am excited to hear how God is working in their lives. We might even break down and see if their kids can out run my wife in go-carts while we are there.
Before coming home from vacation I know my wife will have the balance of our Christmas bought so that there will not be any Christmas rush again this year in the Davis house. That is something that makes me very happy.
Irene sent me the link to Meltdown 2008 today. To any students that read my blog, you definitely need to check this site out.
Well, for a guy with writer’s block, this has gone way to long, so, until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and remember God is still working in people’s live and it is an exciting thing to see.

No comments: