Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday Morning . . .

I am not a big fan of Monday mornings, especially since becoming a student pastor again. What a lot of people don’t understand is how much energy it takes to get through a Sunday. This weekend was especially hectic, so I am extremely tired this morning. Let me just recap the weekend and add in a little commentary along the way.
Saturday was a good day. Irene and I slept in til 8:00 am and then got up and after showers went to breakfast. Then to AC Moores before going back home. Then we got into make-up and went to clown at a festival in Travelers Rest. We arrived at the festival at 2:00 pm and it was hot. That generally causes all kinds of issues with the balloons. We had a great time and left just prior to the fireworks so that we could go to my thirty year high school reunion and yes we went in clown. There were probably some people at the reunion who woke up Sunday morning thinking that they dreamed a clown came to the reunion. News flash – it was not a dream. We got into bed and asleep at about 12:30 am Sunday morning.
Sunday morning came about four and a half hours later when Irene’s alarm went of at 5:15 am. It was up, shower, dress and to breakfast. After breakfast it was on to the early worship service. Rev. Norman Ponder (he’s our interim pastor) brought a great message from the book of John. Then it was on to Sunday School. We are still working through the life of Samson. Then to lunch with my mother, home for a short nap, back to church for youth worship, out to eat and home to fall into bed. Did I tell you that I am not a big fan of Monday’s.
I have to admit that I had a better day yesterday that in the past couple of weeks. I have been struggling lately. But yesterday, I had fun teaching God’s word again. Don’t get me wrong, I always enjoy teach and preaching God’s word, but yesterday was fun again. I’m not sure what the big change was, but it was different. Although I had a desperate problem trying to talk yesterday. I was saying the right things in the wrong order, have trouble pronouncing words, and generally butchering the English language.
So today, I’m tired. There are things that I need to get done and they will get done, they’ll just take a little longer. I’m still bouncing from Jeremiah to Romans, and I’m still not sure why, but it is a fun trip. I know that God is still in control, although I still think it would be great if He used e-mail. But recognizing His voice in all the clutter of my mind is beyond cool.
We were talking with some youth and adults last night that had been to Pigeon Forge over the weekend. Now I am really ready for vacation. They were telling me about eating at the Apple Barn and all the things that they did while they were there. Irene and I are now at two weeks and four days from leaving for vacation and we can hardly wait.
Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and get out of the boat, the waters fine.

No comments: