Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday reflections on this past weekend . . .

It never seems like I have enough time to just sit and just think about what happened on the weekend. Sometimes you really just need to stop and reflect on what happen over the last couple of days. Just thinking back – these are a few things that come to mind:

Worship doesn’t happen at church if you have not worshipped all week long in you private time with God. Sunday’s worship is supposed to be an overflow of our lives during the week. The speaker Sunday morning – Rev. Floyd Parker – said that we will live out what we believe. I would go one step further and say that we will worship on Sunday the way we worship during the week.

I am thankful for people that want to see our church grow and have a burden for that. They are an inspiration to me.

A big thank you to Boomer, David and Jane Baldwin for going out to eat and to Heritage Park with the youth last night with Irene and I. Your company and fellowship was appreciated. I love to be around people who enjoy being around teenagers.

A big pat on the back to Lyle Watson for bringing a great message last night to the church. His sermon brought out the wisdom that in order to move forward we must look back to the cross. You did a great job.

I am excited that the man that may become our interim pastor is going to be preaching this coming Sunday. I am anxious to meet him and hear him bring a word from God.

I really thought that it was cool that Newspring Community Church in Anderson baptized over 500 this past Saturday. They are really getting in done in Anderson.

I had the privilege of spending some time with some of my best friends at a wedding Saturday evening. It is always good to spend time with good friends.

When we have business meetings in our churches – why don’t we celebrate the number of people that have been saved in the last month? Isn’t that the business of the church? I understand that we need to take care of the money issues and month to month business – but if the church’s real business goal is to reach the world for Christ – you would think we would celebrate the salvations that have happened in the last month. Maybe we would look forward to the business meetings a little more.

Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and spend some time worshipping with God on your own this week

No comments: