Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Clowns and Reunions . . .

OK, today’s post is going to be a lot lighter than yesterday’s. Irene and I are going to be clowning and twisting balloons at a festival this Saturday evening at the YMCA in Travelers Rest. We have had the privilege of doing this festival with Bo and Brynda Brown for the last two or three years. It is always an enjoyable evening, but usually results in sore hands the next day because of the amount of balloons that we end up twisting. It’s always a good time because of the kids that we see, the snow cones and hotdogs that we eat and the fellowship that we share. I’m looking forward to it this year because we haven’t clowned together since July and I think we all are going into withdrawals.
This Saturday night is also my 30 year high school reunion. It really doesn’t seem like it was thirty years ago this past June that we graduated from Wade Hampton High School. It doesn’t seem that way until I walk by a mirror or I see somebody that I went to school with and see gray in their hair that I realize that the past thirty years have pasted in a blur. The school that we graduated from doesn’t even exist anymore. There is a brand new Wade Hampton in its place now. My friend that contacted me about the reunion wants Irene and I to stop by the reunion after the festival Saturday. I’m not sure that I have enough guts to show up to my reunion as a clown. But, one thing is for sure – I bet everyone there would remember the clowns coming in if nothing else.
We are now only three and a half weeks away from vacation and I can’t wait. I’m really looking forward to being able to get away and just relax. I look forward to blogging while on vacation because I think when relaxed I’ll be able to think again.
Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and let’s twist some balloons for Christ.

No comments: