Monday, November 5, 2007

Random thoughts from the weekend . . .

This past weekend was a great weekend for a lot of reasons, it was also sad for some reasons also. Here are a few thoughts from the weekend:
Friday after noon was fun. After doing a little running around, I got in my shop and finally finished a project that I had been working on this summer. During the weekend I also got a list of Christmas projects together. My time in my shop is fixing to go up. :)
Friday evening Irene and I had supper with Sam and Cookie Chapman. These are two close friends that we don’t get to see often enough. They had a hand in pulling off the first Judgment House at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church along with a lot of other people. We talked about the lives that were changed through that event and caught up on each others lives. It was a fun evening.
Saturday was good in some ways and bad in others. The morning started out with breakfast and then Irene and I were off to one of my favorite places – the Woodcraft Store. We bought some things to do Christmas projects with. I am really looking forward to hand making some Christmas gifts this year for some of our friends. While we were at the Woodcraft store, Irene found a toll demonstration and a power tool that she liked and said that it would make a good birthday or Christmas present in the future. God really did me the best when He gave me a wife that appreciates good power tools. Then it was home for yard work. Cutting limbs, and grass, getting up leaves, finding a water leak under the house. I am too old to crawl around under my house, but I got it done and at no cost for a repairman.
Sunday was both good and sad. Worship and Sunday school were both good. Last night was my last night as Youth Pastor at New Hope. After youth worship we went out to the new McDonalds in Simpsonville. The students and leaders gave Irene and me a card with Gift cards to Ruby Tuesday’s in it. If I never work with another group of students, I have worked with the best. I will miss seeing them every week, but I will always love them. I’ll see them at Meltdown in January if not before. They all have my phone number and know that they can call me any time about any thing.
This morning, with sore muscles, I am back to work – seeking to follow Christ and His leadership. Our next steps are going to be great and I can hardly wait. So, until next time, keep your eyes on Jesus and the hot cocoa Hershey’s kisses are over the top.

No comments: