Monday, November 12, 2007

Oh me, what am I going to do?



As I sit here and read blogs from several different folks, the main underlying voice is worry. Yes, I’m just as guilty as everyone else in this world when it comes to worrying over things that I have no control over.

Two of the bloggers hit the nail on the head. One said, “It’s not about us, it’s all about God.” In fact, that’s the first line out of the book titled "Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren and a very similar comment is made in the book called "Experiencing God" by Henry T. Blackaby and Claude King. (Which if you have not read these two books, GET THEM AND MEMORIZE THEM!!! If you have read them, read them again!) The other blogger used a portion of my life verse, Philippians 4:6-7 “Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.” The Message. (I really like this version!)

It is easier said than done. It’s easy for us to worry than not to worry. Satan knows that it’s a sin for us to worry and that’s why he keeps taunting us about things. Things that we have no control over. He knows that he can push that button on me and when I realize that I have given in, I stop and ask God to forgive me and give me peace over the situation and for Him to take it back to deal with it. “Satan, in the name of Jesus, talk to the hand!”

Oh by the way, worry will cause health problems. So, in order to keep your peace and to maintain control over your health, give it to God. He knows the outcome of the situation anyway!

No comments: