Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Crazy Weather . . .

Is it just me or is the weather around here a little strange lately.  I mean, I live in the upstate of SC and it is almost the middle of October.  We should have leaves changing color and cooler weather.  Yesterday we had mid to upper 80's and storms.  Humidity out the roof.

Turn on the news and hear of damage in the area because of the storms and tornados recently.  Trees and power lines down.  Even a house north of here which had it roof torn away by a tornado.  Thank goodness no one was home and it was just the house that was damaged.

Now; you may read that line and think, losing a house is a big thing, and I would agree with you, but it can be replaced.  Most of the things that we lose in life can be replaced.  Some things can not.  But as a child of God; one thing that we do not have to worry about losing are the things that are dependant on God.  In a time of loss, we can always turn to the One that supplies our needs.

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge. PSALM 62 : 5 – 8

Just a few thoughts from a cluttered mind.  Looking forward to our time tomorrow. Blessings.

No comments: