Thursday, October 5, 2017

Things Reminded of at NQC . .

As I sit here at the keyboard this morning simply thinking of everything going on in the world today, I am thinking about things that I was reminded of while I was on vacation last week.  You see, last week at this time I was asleep in a cabin outside of Pigeon Forge, TN.  Later that evening Irene and I would go to the National Quartet Convention.  If you do not know what NQC is, take the time to google it.  It was a fun time.

Four day later I wake up to go back to work after a week off and as I turn on the news, I hear of this shooting in Las Vegas for the first time.

And here I am, three days later, still thinking about that shooting and NQC.  You see, I was reminded of some things while at NQC that sometime I lose focus of.  In the coming days, I will rethink and refocus on those things and hope to find the time to share my journey with you.

As for the shooting and NQC and what I was reminded of; as much as it seems that He isn't, God is still in control.  Do I understand why He allowed this to happen, no.  But, I still believe He is in control.

My heart breaks for the victims and the people that went through this tragedy.  And yet, God is still in control.  His line of sight, what He sees, is so much better than our vantage point.  All we see is the storm raging around us.  "God sees the storm from the other side . . . He sees the rainbow when we see the clouds . . ."

"He Already Sees The Rainbow" by The Collingsworth Family. https://youtu.be/pGJbJCw-n4c

Go to Youtube or Google the song above and give it a listen.  I heard it for the first time at NQC. Give it a listen.  Maybe it will change your perspective.  It is helping to change mine.

These are just a few thoughts from a clutter mind of one trying to fight the good fight.  May you have a blessed day.

No comments: