Monday, October 15, 2007

Hello from the land of vacations . . .

Well, Irene and I are back in the room on Monday afternoon doing what all people with good sense do on vacation – taking a nap – at least Irene is. Just thought that I would do a short post and let everyone know how things are going.
We had to change hotels on Sunday. The long and short of it – no one should use The Grand Hotel in Pigeon Forge. The situation was bad and is not finished yet – we still don’t have our money back yet. The James Manor is incredible. The rooms are great and the people are wonderful to work with. It is easy to get in and out of also.
We had a great time the first two evenings with our friends from here in Tennessee. It is always fun to catch up with friends. They introduced us to a great resturante at the Tanger Outlet Mall called the Chop House. The food was over the top.
Yes- we have eaten at the Apple Barn every morning so far.
Today, we went to the craft show in Gatlinburg. This is always fun and filled with great ideas. For those that don’t know – my wife is not the only crafty person in our family.
As for my study time – I have started over in the book of Acts. As I read in this book in God’s word – I also brought along one of my books by Warren Wiersbe. I was reading last night a stumbled upon something that Wiersbe said that started me thinking – Christian faith was a day to day reality, not a once a week routine. Christ and His resurrection power was a reality to the early believer. I wonder – with each of us – is faith a day to day reality or a once a week routine? May God make it a day to day reality for each of us.
Well, I’m going to stop now and see if Irene wants to go get something to eat. Maybe the Old Mill tonight – one of my favorite spots here.
Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and don’t sit down in a bucket of paint.

No comments: