Monday, August 13, 2007

Stretched in all directions . . .

Am I the only one that feels stretched in all directions? I understand that often times when we are stretched, we are being stretched by God so that we can grow. Here lately it feels like I must be in some kind of growth spurt. Sometimes growth happens at times when we wish we could just sit still. In some ways that is where I’m at right now. New things can bring about growth and stretching. Changes can also bring about growth and stretching. I’ve been quiet about a lot of my stretching lately but I feel I need to share a little from my heart.

I have been confused and hurt and excited all at once here lately. I am hurt that I am loosing my pastor and my associate pastor. I consider them both friends. I am hurt that I will be losing their leadership and counsel in my ministry at New Hope. I am confused about God’s timing and what He is stretching me for. God has taught me so much this summer, under these two men. I am excited about their new church plant and the new direction that God is giving them. I am excited about new opportunities for New Hope and for me and my family. Saying that, here is what I know for sure – God has not told me to do anything other than keep my eyes on Him and stay faithful to the task that He has set before me and that is what I am going to do. If I have learned nothing else this summer – it is to keep my eyes on Jesus, my ears and heart open to His voice and block out every thing else. I am more open to hearing the voice of God right now and following His leadership than any other time in my life.

I am also being stretched by GodStock. God is really teaching me about how He deals with things on His time table. Things are coming together for this event in spite of everything else that is going on. Yet I am being stretched here in ways that I did not think possible. I am being taught to rely on God and Him alone as this comes together. There is one thing for sure – when this event happens, all the glory is due God and not any of the people involved. God has put this together in a magnificent way. I will share in the future all that God has taught me through this event and where He is directing a vision for the future.

Enough said for now. Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and stay at the task He has given you until He says move. Then join in with the excitement due the opportunity.

No comments: