Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday morning and brain-dead . . .

I don’t know about the students that I was with this weekend, but I am tired and brain-dead this morning – so I will post just a few thoughts that are rambling around in my head this morning.

I really enjoyed Stone Mountain. It was my first trip there and now I want to go back so that I can see everything they have there. We went to the 4D theater – it was awesome. The effects were great and it sprayed water in Crystal’s face. We took the cable ride to the top of the mountain (I want to do that again and walk back down – maybe in the spring so that it is not so hot.) The laser show and the fireworks were the bomb.

The students and adults enjoyed Six Flags as always, although I think I will always miss the Six Flags that I grew up with. The lines were not as bad as I have seen them and it was warm but not extremely hot. Mitchell saw the inside of first aid a lot (I would had paid to nap in a 65 degree room) but the park gave him and Rhonda tickets to come back since they didn’t have the great time they were hoping for.

Sunday morning worship was great as always. Pastor Chad preached about what God expected of parents – great message. The music was over the top as always.

Irene and I made a trip to Union to her parents for Father’s Day. We had a great lunch that her mom had prepared and we got to spend some time with our nephew Drake. I napped on the way home and then Irene napped when we got home.

VBS is this week. I am meeting with Dan Carroll for lunch to discuss what we will be doing with the students this week during their time in VBS. Dan is a great guy with a real heart for students and ministry.

I am praying that God gets me through this week so that I can sleep all day Saturday. That means that I will probably be awake and not be able to sleep.

Am I the only one that feels like this summer is flying by?

Anyway, that is about it for now. If I can now get my eyes to focus I have to get to work. Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and ride with your hands in the air – this life is better than any rollercoaster.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

yes haha. the water did get in my face. scary stuff that water. haha! thanks for takin us, it was a blast! and i think goin back to stone mountain again would be really fun! btw, i only fell once :] haha

Crystal said...

oh oh && i forgot! if theres anyway you can email me the pictures from the trip could ya do that? my email is hhsdancer09@yahoo.co