Friday, June 8, 2007

End of the Week thoughts . . .

This week started quick and ended slow, but it was all around a good week. Just a few things that I have on my mind . . .

It really blows my mind that I have had over 1000 hits on this blog. Who would have thought that there would be people that would want to see what I have to say.

I am really looking forward to Sunday. Air conditioning is looking like a real possibility. Pastor Chad will be back from vacation and I can’t wait to hear what God has for us.

A big thank you to Mitchell, Joey and Matt for helping Robbie with the building project. I think the new ideas were great and are going to look fabulous.

We are starting lots of new things at the end of this week and next week: Landing Zone (today), Wednesday night discipleship classes start this coming Wednesday; we are doing a picnic and ministry afternoon this Sunday in Cleveland Park.

We are going to Stone Mountain and Six Flags next weekend.

Are we thinking big enough with GodStock??? Does it need to feed straight into something else???

I can’t wait for school to start back. Not because I’m tired of our students or I want them to be unhappy. It’s because of all the new stuff we’ll kick off with the start of the new school year that are going to be awesome. And no I will not give clues – but it is going to be great.

WOW, it has gotten HOT quick this year. June 8th and 94 degrees already.

GodStock t-shirts will be in next week – hopefully. They will be awesome.

Eric is preaching during youth worship this Sunday night and David Roach next Sunday night – I can’t wait to see what God has given them for us.

I have listened to 13 sermons by Perry Noble and Steven Furtick and 4 commercials about youth culture. My mind is in over load with what God is teaching me this week.

I really like the song “Day by Day” by DC Talk. Old song from an even older song.

I’ve seen the music for the youth praise band this summer – I am impressed. Practice hard – the lock-in will be here before you can blink twice. Then blink twice again and it will be GodStock.

I had one of our students write about the sermon that I preached last Sunday on her blog. COOL!!

I think my wife is the greatest and I could not get what I get done without her. God knew what He was doing when he put us together. But it still blows my mind that she married me. That is proof positive that there is a God.

Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus – and get out of the boat and get your feet wet.

No comments: