Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Surprised by the Spirit . . .

   I'm not sure why I am ever surprised by the Spirit and the change of direction that usually follows.  Let me give you an example.  This morning during my quiet time and during the prayer time leading up to my time in the scriptures, I was praying a simple prayer that I pray almost every morning before opening God's word.
   The prayer goes like this - Father; open my eyes so that I may see your word clearly, open my mind so that I may understand what I read and open my heart so that Your word can impact my heart and soul.  That prayer changed this morning by the urging of the Spirit.  This morning the prayer changed by the Spirit to the following: Father; open my eyes so that I may see your word clearly and see the lost in the world around me the way that you do, open my mind so that I may understand what I read and be open minded enough to receive the mind of Christ and open my heart so that Your word can impact my heart and break my heart for the lost who are around me everyday.
   May I always be willing to follow the urging of the Spirit and the direction changes that He brings to my life.  May all who read this have a wonder and Spirit filled day.

No comments: