Monday, July 23, 2007

THOUGHTS FROM MR. DAVID..............

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those adults involved in pulling off another successful LOCK-IN. You guys are the greatest!!! This event as well as others would not be possible without you. I thank GOD every day for putting you in my life.

Youth Group what an awesome turn out!! You guys really stepped up!! I am impressed. I can only imagine how GOD must feel. This is what it is all about. Reaching out, sharing Christ and having FUN doing it!!! One last thought before I move on. I just would like to say "What is up guys?" I have never heard so much "SMACK" talked by a group of girls. I mean I literally was embarrassed for you guys when I had the opportunity to talk with some of the girls that actually out ran, out drove, and from the way I see it out classed you on every GO-Kart track you were on. Not to mention those of you that actually were put in the wall by some of these girls. I know.. I know.. I heard some of the excuses you guys came up with "You didn't want to wreck a girl, You didn't have a fast Kart, Your Kart was a piece of junk!!!... well don't worry I'm sure that is what the Indy drivers say when Dana Kirkpatrick blows by them too!!!!

Thank you for the opportunity to speak last night as we continued our "Summer Series Sermons" Your attention and participation in small groups was amazing. You guys will never know how much you impact my life and my ministry for God.

One Last thing...God has laid something on my heart I would like to share with you, especially after last nights sermon. I am praying that one of you will step up for Christ. Become a leader, be that person among your piers to be on FIRE for CHRIST. A Student Leader that not only can be EFFECTIVE among the youth group, but can be EFFECTIVE on their campus. (Romans 10:14-15). So STEP UP, QUIT turning EXCUSES into REASONS, and lay it down for CHRIST!!!!


NEW HOPE....HOLLA!!!!!

PEACE OUT!!!
Mr. David-

1 comment:

Candace said...

The Lockin was amazing =] i had so much fun.