Monday, January 5, 2009

Time to get back to business as usual . . .

Well, as the title says – it is a new year and it is time to get back to business as usual. Except as I sit here I wonder – exactly what does that mean? If we are talking about what I do to pay the bills – that means back to concrete, steel and working on drawings so that someone else can do the back breaking work as easy as possible. For those who do not know – I work for an engineering company as a designer doing drawings for precast concrete structures (i.e. parking decks, warehouses, etc.)

Now if we are talking about what I do to further the kingdom of God – I am the connections guy for The Journey – a church plant in the Mauldin Area of Woodruff Road. As I think about what I do there – I’m not sure there is such a thing as business as usual. Our focus is building relationships with the people that we come in contact with where we live. One thing that I have learned on this journey that God has placed us on is that there is no such thing as business as usual when you are dealing with people. Something else that I have come to the conclusion about is that there is no such thing as business as usual when you are following a call from God. His message is the same but the way the message is presented is constantly changing just like is His word.

So as I look at a new year – I realize that there are probably changes coming around every bend, but as long as we keep our eyes focused on God we’ll always be on the right track. So, until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and be prepared – changes are probably on the way.

No comments: