Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Creature of habit or stuck in a rut . . .

I’m not sure how most of you would view my life. I, by my own confession, am a huge creature of habit. I love the holidays, but they throw my life way out of balance. Where most people, it seems, can get a lot of work done when there are fewer people around, if everyone is not in place around me, I loose focus. I have been thinking about this during the holidays and have come to a conclusion – let me know what you think.

I’m not so much different than a lot of the world around me except in one way – when I keep my focus on Christ, my life is centered right where it should be. Let me go a little deeper and maybe I can get us on the same page with this thought that I am struggling to put into words. As I look at the world around me, it seems to be filled with people who have an attention disorder. The world seems to be filled with those whose attention seems to be held for only a brief amount of time before moving on to something else. People who move from job to job, wife to wife, cause to cause – are we now getting on the same page? The shame about it is that I could have just described those inside the church as much as outside.

As I start a new year with lots of new and exciting things on the horizon – I have to start at the point that is most important – with my life centered in Christ, my eyes firmly focused on He that is my guide. Let us all refocus our eyes – like a runner in a race focusing on the finish line – on Christ. Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and pass the tissues – this cold is killing me.

No comments: