Thursday, May 1, 2008

Road less traveled . . .


I don’t know how that statement (a road less traveled) jumped in my head earlier this week, but I don’t seem to be able to get it out so . . . that is now our topic of discussion. When I first started thinking about this statement I was thinking of the scripture talking about narrow is the way. Since then I have moved on to a different train of thought.

I’ve been thinking more along the lines of discipleship and relationships. What I have noticed over most of my Journey as a Christian is that discipleship was done in a group and through a program instead of face to face and person to person – basically relationships.

If asked, most people would say that they have many friends. I would say that they have many acquaintances. A true friendship is built around a deep relationship. A disciple of Christ should be actively seeking those that he or she can build a relationship with in order to influence their lives through the touch of the Holy Spirit. So why don’t we do this more often? Because people’s lives are messy. Especially those which are far from God.

I’ll dig deep into this thought and statement in the days to come – but for now keep your eyes on Jesus and see you in Pigeon Forge this weekend. Irene and I will be at the Apple Barn for breakfast.

No comments: