Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A New Year and I’m back . . .

Hello world. I hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful start to a New Year. I’m back as I promised from my brief break from blogging. I really needed that break. I had gotten to the point where I could not even put together a complete thought with everything else going on. So let me take a few sentences and catch you up on what I have been up to:
• Completed all of my Christmas projects and everyone that got one as a gift seemed pleased.
• Put my mind in cruise control for a few weeks, no reading, concentrating, major thinking, etc. It was nice.
• Spent some wonderful time with my beautiful wife and loving family over the holidays.
• Watched several movies. Lots of fun-nothing that made me think to hard.
• Helped a friend (Mike Thompson) and his family get moved to the upstate. This included a trip back to the low country to pick up an estimated handful of stuff. This led to some nice fellowship.

With all of that out of the way-what is coming in the New Year?
• Begin working on the church plant that I will be helping with. More on this in the near future.
• Begin to sort out in my head what is really means to be a disciple of Christ. That series of posts begins shortly.
• Spend time building relationships with people that don’t know Christ. This hopefully will lead to an opportunity to share Christ with them. Also to get them plugged into a group of believers that will help them grow in their walk with Christ.
• Learn how to love my wife and family more.
• Grow closer to God.

With all of that said, it is to work I must go. Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and follow the yellow brick road.

No comments: