Monday, May 7, 2007

Things to think about from a great day . . .

I always enjoy Sundays. I get to do the things that I love best – study God’s word, fellowship with His people, and get to talk about the awesome God that I serve. Yesterday was all that and more. Yesterday morning was great – if you missed it, I’m sorry – go listen on the internet. The praise band did a great job. Pastor Chad was over the top like always and we had people join our fellowship.

Yesterday afternoon, I spent time with one of my favorite people in the world – David Roach. I can not tell you how much he means to me and our student ministry. We spent a couple of hours going over the summer calendar of events for our student ministry. There are still a few things that we need to tie down, but we are going to get them finalized this week – hopefully. That way we can get them out to our students and mail them out to the parents. There are so many great opportunities that we have this summer.

Then last night was interesting, fun, good, hard – lots of mixed up emotions. The sermon during the youth worship time was on worship. Not the easiest topic to speak on but it was interesting to get feedback from our students on what they believe it will take to make our youth worship time better. I’ll talk about those things in a post later in the week. At the very end of our time together I asked to students to give me topics that they would like to hear in messages this summer – the following are those topics:

  • Relationships
  • Music
  • School
  • Dating
  • Tribulation
  • Peer Pressure
  • Drinking – alcohol
  • Trust
  • Friendship
  • Gossip
  • Drugs
  • 1st John – Are You Real?
  • Stress
  • Witnessing
  • Sin
  • 10 Commandments

We’ll begin to look at dividing these topics up between several speakers and putting them on the calendar for this summer. I am blessed to have guys that are willing to share to responsibility to speaking with me. This summer is really going to be incredible.

Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and prepare to yourselves for what God has in store for you in the days to come.

No comments: