Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Random Thoughts from a Scattered Mind . . .

I was rebuked (in love and kindness) by a brother who said that I had been letting my blog slide – at which point he went on to list all the reasons (all really good reasons) that I had been letting it slide. He was just poking fun at me – but sometimes God can use someone poking fun to convict you of letting something slide that you shouldn’t let slide. I originally started this blog to help get information out and to cast vision to the greatest group of students I have ever had the privilege to work with. So here I go with some random thoughts:

I just read a blog by one of our students talking about the sermon Pastor Chad preached Sunday morning. WOW! Pastor Chad preached what I thought to be the best sermon I had ever heard him preach this past Sunday, but to have a student be moved enough to list the points on her blog – WOW! Now I can’t wait to hear the follow-up to that sermon this Sunday.

We are going to preview the new Wednesday night line up this week.

By the way – if consumed by God – means that all you want to think about is God and the things of God, I’m there. Here lately I have had a hunger for God’s word like never before. Also, I don’t seem to have enough time in the day to read the books that He keeps leading me to. I can’t explain how much I want to just keep drawing closer to God and see what He has in store for me next.

Eric is back from school.

As for reading God’s word – I never get tired of the amazing things that I find in the word of God. God is beginning to birth a follow-up to this past Sunday nights sermon on stress and faith. I always get excited when God births a new thought or a new angle that I haven’t seen or thought of before. Maybe that’s what it means to see through God’s eyes.

Summer is almost here!!!

We are beginning to work on GodStock. The date has been set for August 25th which is 95 days away. HOLY COW! God is birthing a vision about this that is almost overwhelming. We are praying for over a thousand students to attend. If you would like to be a part of helping to put this together – let me know. We can always use the help. But please don’t offer if you don’t want to work, there is a lot to do.

I work with the greatest student leadership team in the world.

Until next time – keep your eyes on Jesus and hang on the ride is just getting started.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

i just wanted to say i am pretty much really excited about Godstock! i think its gunna be a blast :]]

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.