Monday, June 30, 2008

My head is spinning . . .

My head is definitely spinning after a great weekend. I am going to list the highlights so that this does not turn into a marathon post, so here goes:

Friday morning we were able to meet our deadline at work and I actually got out of the office a little early. I actually found a shade tree at a park near by, rolled the windows down, set the alarm on my phone and took a nap. It was righteous.

Was able to have lunch with Jim Barnes Friday and hear about the trip that Marianne and he took to Pa.

Had my eyes examined and picked out new glasses.

Friday evening I spent the whole evening with my beautiful wife Irene.

Saturday morning I worked in the yard for about three hours. Way to long to work outside in the heat and the ground as hard as it is.

Checked in on the crew at “Hunger Hurts” and carried some can goods down. Great event. Way to go guys!!

That evening had our first meeting with our executive partners. A group of awesome, Godly men who have agreed to come along side the leadership team of The Journey. The first meeting was great. A big Thank you to Marshall Fagg.

Sunday morning we had a joint worship service at Meadowsprings Church on Woodruff Road, with The Journey leading. Great music (way to go Jonathan) and an awesome message on worship from Mike.

Sunday lunch was at mother’s house and supper was at Mike and Karen Thompson’s house. Played Totally 80’s Trivial Pursuit. I know I lived through the 80’s but I don’t seem to remember much.

Today is back to work. I will continue to develop what God wants in the days to come. Until then, keep your eyes on Jesus and pass the brownies please.

No comments: